I’m a fangirl. Anyone who has known me long must know this fact about me. I love my favorite media quite violently. As it turns out, I’m also a fangirl of fellow fangirls. LolaWaldorf makes my all-time favorite fanvideos because:
a) They are never common.
b) They are always intelligent and are saying something much bigger than just the surface.
c) They are surprising, beautifully edited, and always, always, always hers. You can detect a Lola vid just by her vidding style alone.
d) They take me out of the words in my head and just fill me with feeling. I can’t even really talk about the vids. They just stand entirely on their own.
My top five favorite vids of hers.
1) Glee: Kurt – My love’s too big for you my love.
2) This multifandom piece of brilliance that makes me just flail. Incorporating pieces of other fanvids made to the same song, it’s Florence as the fangirl/boy being devastated by media.
3) Borgias: I walked because you walked
4) Supernatural: Vesuvius – My ALL-TIME favorite video. No one but Lola would’ve made something this brilliant.
5) Sherlock: Rococo – They seem wild but they are so deep.